Taken from Flylady:
What is the Weekly Home Blessing Hour?
The Weekly Home Blessing hour is the time FlyLady spends slipshod cleaning her home. No detailed cleaning required; vacuum the middle of the floors only!
FlyLady sets her timer for 10 minutes to work on each of 7 tasks:
- Polish Mirrors and Doors
- Purge magazines
- Change Sheets
- Empty all trash
- This takes approximately one hour; some tasks take less than 10 minutes.
- "Don't obsess, set your timer for 10 minutes for each task, then QUIT!" ~ Kelly
My Weekly Home Blessing Hour Routine
I set my timer for one hour to see how quickly I can get through the tasks listed below:
- Toss old catalogs and magazines
- Change bed sheets (I only do this every other week since we shower daily. Being a little older :) - I do not change more than two beds a day).
- Empty all trash cans in house (great kid chore)
- Feather dust all rooms (Kids do their own rooms)
- Vacuum all rooms (Kids do their own rooms)
- Mop kitchen, foyer and half bath floors (I have used a sh-mop for years and love it - visit Favorite Cleaning Products).
- Clean front door glass and tidy entry area
Enjoy your Monday!!
Related Posts in the Homekeeping Binder series:
Favorite Cleaning Products
If you would like to have Thankful Homemaker delivered to your inbox, simply click here: Subscribe to Thankful Homemaker
Get updates that are not posted on the blog by visiting Thankful Homemaker's