I have this list of questions tucked away in my Bible and pull them out several times a year to take inventory of my spiritual life.
I need to make plans and set goals or my spiritual life would remain stagnant. Print out the list and keep it handy when you have a moment to ponder, plan and pray. Don't forget we are totally dependent on the Lord for any change (John 15:5)
Ten Questions to Ask Yourself at the Start of a New Year
1. What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
Now, therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways.
Spiritual Priorities for the New Year
If you would like to have Thankful Homemaker delivered to your inbox, simply click here: Subscribe to Thankful Homemaker